About Me

My photo
I'm in my 40's, married to my best friend and we have 2 girls (19 & 11). I love all kinds of needlework, especially cross stitch, specifically samplers and French & Italian designs.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Progress on "Seasons In Time"

Here is my progress so far on "Seasons in Time," by Elizabeth's Designs.  I'm on the last band, and them I just have to add the words and frame (or maybe a bellpull).  This is a Christmas present for my Mother-in-Law, who has had kind of a rough year.


I substituted Gloriana silks for the called for Weeks Dye Works floss...the conversion is my own and I think it looks great :o)
It is on 28ct over 2, Silkweaver hand-dyed fabric.  Hazlenut, I think, lol.
This has really been a fun stitch.  I'm sure I'll be doing more of Elizabeth's Designs.  Her colors are beautiful and she uses specialty stitches, which I love.

I keep changing my mind on what to stitch my girls (11 and 19) for Christmas. I thought I had it all planned out, but I keep seeing and thinking about different designs, lol.

I want to stitch it all!!!  If only I had 10 hands and 50 more years to my life. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment